Let’s see the results of all that hard work now!
Here is my Third Eye piece. It contains azurite nodules, crushed sodalite, and blue kyanite blades along with a heavy dose of copper and some silver flakes. This piece was intended to be used during meditation to open my third eye. I love how you can see little pieces of azurite poking out the middle, although sadly most of them are entirely covered up by the metal.
This one is my root piece. It has a hematite ring, crushed up black tourmaline, a smoky quartz point in the middle (the main quartz is at the point) and tiny hematite octahedrons which you can see intermixed with the stainless steel shavings at the bottom.
Originally for this piece I was going to add garnets, my absolute favorite crystal. However, I noticed the energy of the garnets was too…energetic? They weren’t calming so much as active. What I have achieved with this piece is a steady grounding effect, like the roots of a tree burying deep into the earth. Very calming for meditation. The other side of the root chakra is a base physicality, like running or heavy movements, and I didn’t want that energy for this piece. Being a person who has highly activated upper chakras, this piece was a must for grounding and calming down. I can feel the effect from sleeping near it at night. It tunes right into my root chakra and balances me.
Now for my charging plate:
This piece came out so incredibly I can’t even believe it. I described its ingredients in Part 2. I’m just astounded by how well it came out. I’ll admit that there was a small fear in me that maybe it wouldn’t work like I had intended; maybe I had put in the coils weird or messed up the grid somehow. But when I tested it with an energetically “dirty” crystal I received a bright, buzzing, clean crystal the next morning. Amazing!
It has a real peaceful, angelic healing feel to it. That’s exactly the energy I need. I remember getting a headache the first time I held all the crystals I was going to put in it together because they were so strong, but this has a really smooth nice energy. It charges so much better than salt alone.
Now, all my pieces came out better than expected. It was more than I could have ever hoped for for a first pour. But that’s not to say there weren’t little things, like air bubbles and voids and mottled surfaces. At one point an entire half cup of resin had started to gel too quickly and when I tried to put it in the mold it wouldn’t spread, so I had to pull the whole glob out and mix a new half cup batch. But surprisingly it was an easy fix and didn’t mess up any of the prior layers.
When I got them out of the molds, I filed down the rough edges and then painted them over with nail polish top coat. The results are beautiful but more importantly, functional!
I have to thank everyone at Warrior Matrix forums for everything that culminated in my knowledge, planning, and eventual finished products. If you are thinking of embarking on this journey, sign up and contribute!