I’ve been feeling very creative lately. Fall is my favorite season and there are so many crafting possibilities. I’ve been busy cooking, designing, photographing, and even crocheting a scarf that’s two years in the making.
It got me thinking about how Spirit speaks to us through craft. If you’ve been feeling crafty lately, have you taken the time to honor that feeling? Have you considered whether there might be a deeper meaning behind the urge?
Here are some things you can do this season:
- Make or improve your altar space.
- Crochet, sew, knit, or try other textile crafts. I’ve crocheted little bags for my oracle cards and runes, and it adds a nice personal touch. Plus, you can make them in any color or design.
- Make a witch bottle. Mine included red ribbon, nails, rosemary, and white wine in a little glass bottle sealed with black wax. This is a good time of year for this kind of project.
- Stock up on discounted holiday decorations after season, and have them for creative endeavors. Halloween lights, black tea candles, and glow in the dark shapes can be used for all kinds of things.
- Join artistic or creative communities. I’ve just joined Instagram. Come check me out over there!
- Write. Poetry, spells, fiction, journal entries, essays. Doesn’t matter. Write whatever comes to mind!
- Find some new recipes. Here’s one I’m looking at trying.
- Clean and clear out old energies. I’ve been reassessing my closet to see what I’m not wearing anymore and starting a thrift store donation pile. Have a fresh start before you head into winter.
- Check out Pinterest to see what cool things other people are doing for the holidays. I’m pretty new at it still and already I’ve got a million craft ideas.
- Consider making craft or pagan items that you use. Are you a candle fan? Try making them! Do you love collecting pendulums? Try wire wrapping some stones and making your own. Want to create your own oracle cards? Check out this source round-up by Amanda Linette Meder.
- Cleanse your space and focus your energies for the coming winter and new year. It’s a good time for self reflection. Are you on the right track? Do you want next year to look like this one did? Did things go well, or could they go even better?
- Spend some time with family, friends, and pets. Take short trips and discover new things in your area. Take pictures. Try new foods. Come up with new ideas!
There are a ton of things to do this season. If Spirit is urging you to get creative or calling you to make something, maybe you should listen. You never know, you could find a hidden passion or unexpected direction in the process!